Every week, Buddy finds the best links on the internet about the outdoors, athletics, and generally getting after it.
September 23 - September 29
Got a lot of links this week. It's really unfortunate that we still need articles like these, but drivers really need to respect cyclists and pay attention- Please stop killing us! On a more light-hearted note, we found a fun satire on your classic tech-bro-turned-ski-bum. On the running-side, we have some interesting articles on using data to test your limits, and how intense trail running requires walking. Lastly, some tips for parents of athletes, life-lessons from a 91-year old cyclist, and a riveting story on being stranded on Mount Rainier. Enjoy!
This week's links:
- 🧗♀️ ✊ Grip Trainers - Gimmicks, or Worth the Money? - Rock and Ice
- 🚸 8 Parent-Child Conversations That Can Help Your Athlete Through a Hard Season
- 🏃♂️ To test their limits, these runners agreed to a data-fueled race with no finish line in sight (Paid Partnership with ASICS)
- ⛷💰 Why I Gave Up Everything (Except My Trust Fund) to Ski
- 🚘🚴♀️💀 Seriously, Drivers? Is Your Time More Valuable Than My Life?
- 🏔 Stranded and Freezing on Mount Rainier
- 🚘🚴♀️💀 Crash Survivor Launches #ItCouldBeMe Campaign to Make Roads Safer
- 🏃♀️ Trail Running Involves Walking, And That Is Freaking Awesome
- 👴🚴♂️ 4 Life Lessons From the 91-Year-Old Cyclist Who Just Keeps Breaking Records